At a time when international travel is on pause, it is still possible to take the world’s most unforgettable sightseeing flight, only available from Australia, with no luggage or passport required! The Qantas 787 Dreamliner has been privately chartered by Antarctica Flights, and will do a total of seven flights to the white continent from November this year through to February 2021, from most capital cities.
Each flight is 12-14 hours and provides a full day Antarctic experience, with polar expeditioners on board to talk through the extraordinary environment on view.
Departure dates and locations are as follows:
- Melbourne – 15 November 2020
- Sydney – 22 November 2020
- Melbourne – 31 December 2020
- Perth – 26 January 2021
- Brisbane – 7 February 2021
- Adelaide – 14 February 2021
- Sydney – 21 February 2021
Prices start at $1,199 for an Explorer Economy Seat and range up to $7,999 for a Business Class Deluxe.
Travelling At This Time
To ensure the health and safety of our passengers and crew during this extraordinary time, additional measures will be implemented throughout your Antarctica Flights experience.
In conjunction with airport and airline regulations, we will exercise the following measures:
- For the peace of mind of all passengers, everyone will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form. In addition, a contactless temperature test will be conducted on all passengers prior to embarkation. Those people with a fever (38°C or higher) will be denied boarding, but, will receive a credit for a future Antarctica Flight.
- To reduce congestion on board, not all seats in Economy Class will be sold allowing more space for passengers.
- No check-in will be required at the airport. Passengers will proceed straight through security and to the departure gate.
- Prior to embarkation, each passenger will receive a personal Qantas pack for the flight including: disposable mask, sanitiser and disinfectant wipes.
- Qantas have strict cleaning protocols. There is enhanced cleaning of the aircraft with a disinfectant effective against coronaviruses, with a focus on high contact areas – seats, seatbelts, overhead lockers, air vents and toilets. The air conditioning system of all Qantas aircraft are fitted with hospital-grade HEPA filters, which remove 99.9% of all particles including viruses. Air inside the cabin is refreshed every few minutes, ensuring the highest possible quality of cabin air.
- We will provide an extra headrest cover per passenger and sanitising wipes in preparation for the seat rotation that happens at the halfway point of the journey.
- Additional sanitisers will be available on board throughout the duration of the flight.
Contact us today to find out more!